Memory Care Units
from R24 000pm excl. VAT [NOW AVAILABLE TO RENT FOR 60s AND OVER]
The state-of-the-art Care Centre, with its Memory Care household, is carefully designed to address the specialised needs associated with Dementia. A Dementia Bureau is also included for patients and their family members, offering guidance and a clear understanding of what to expect when a decline in mental ability occurs. The Care Centre offers 10 Memory Care Units.
Key features addressed:
- Internal layouts are specifically designed to assist with orientation and navigation within the centre.
- Measures have been taken into consideration with regards to the safety of all residents within the facility (including non-slip and non-reflective surfaces).
- Easy access to safe outdoor areas to encourage residents to utilize and enjoy the entire premises including landscaped gardens that stimulate the body and mind.
- In addition to the standard operational kitchens, a replica kitchen will be integrated for the elderly in order to simulate normal daily household activities (under supervision of staff).
- Medication administration and administering.
- All residents will receive 24/7 supervision and care.
- All Frail Care services.
- Residents can be admitted to the Memory Care rooms on a short or long-term basis depending on the residents’ needs.
- Secure, Dementia friendly environment.
- Dementia stage-related mental stimulation programme.
- Dementia stage-related social activities programme.
- Continuous mental status evaluation and adaption of care plan.
- Multi-disciplinary team to assist with some activities.
- Services of Care Manager / Social Worker .
- Quiet Room.
- All Frail Care services.
- Admission to the Memory Care rooms is subject to the Service Provider’s Admission Policy which includes neurological report with treatment plan from the treating physician.
- The Service Provider reserves the right to refuse admission if a resident’s medical condition is of such a nature that it is not in the best interest of the resident or other residents if the person is admitted to a Memory Care room.
- Fees for the Memory Care services including bed accommodation fees will be determined in consultation with the Body Corporate and will be reviewed annually.
- All consumables and medical waste removal will be an additional cost over and above the bed accommodation fees and may vary from month to month.
- Specialised equipment such as air pressure mattresses and custom wheelchairs are for the account of the resident.
- Insurance on all building structures.
- Maintenance of the common grounds including garden care, infrastructure, Care Centre and exterior of the buildings and the removal of refuse.
- Water and electricity to the common areas included in the monthly levy.
- Television with Satellite TV access point provided.
- A telephone will be installed at each bed. Residents will be able to contract with Amobia as service provider.
- Internet access (high-speed data access point only).
- All services, falling outside of what is provided under the standard monthly fee, will be billed separately at the end of the month and is payable by the 1st of the following month with the standard monthly fee. Services falling outside the standard monthly fee are optional extras chosen by resident.
- Yes. The Care Manager will perform a medical assessment with the assistance of applicant’s general practitioner.
- Residents must be 60 years old (at time of occupation). Home nursing will be available for all residents younger than 60 years requiring memory care.
- Yes. All residents residing at the Independent Living Apartments, Assisted Living Apartments, Frail Care and Memory Care may make use of the facility. Arrangements for functions can be made with the Estate Manager.
- A Telephone will be installed at each bed. Residents will be able to contract with Amobia as service provider.
- Yes. Visiting hours are applicable and is communicated through the Service Provider’s Admission Policy.
- No visitors will be allowed to stay over in the Memory Care rooms.